The global authority on anonymous reporting
Crime Stoppers International is a global nonprofit organization representing seven regions committed to support law enforcement efforts to prevent and solve crime by mobilizing citizens to anonymously report illegal activity. Comprised of local Crime Stoppers programs in 26 countries, we oversee a sophisticated network for citizens to report crime anonymously. Our partners include law enforcement, the media, public and nonprofit organizations and international companies committed in the fight against crime.
As the global authority on anonymous reporting, our principal areas of focus are transnational crime and criminal activity linked to illicit trade, human trafficking, environmental and wildlife crime, cybercrime and international fugitives. Our work includes:
- Contributing to the management and sharing of information on transnational crime.
- Facilitating cooperation among stakeholders such as international agencies, business, law enforcement and the media.
- Enhancing the capacity of law enforcement and media on topics of organized and transnational crime.
- Our impressive cumulative statistics in helping law enforcement agencies over the past 40 years demonstrates our effectiveness in mobilizing communities.
- Crime Stoppers International is expanding its reach to enable communities in every corner of the world access to report crimes anonymously.
- Combating and disrupting the activities of organized criminal networks requires strategic partnerships with multiple actors, public and private.
- We work with our affiliated regions and partner organizations to undertake special projects to address specific crime areas.
We host an annual international conference which is a unique forum for professional development for affiliated Crime Stoppers programs as well as platform for stakeholders to network, discuss issues, share experiences and determine workable solutions.
We also help co-ordinate and provide support for regional conferences and workshops hosted by or within our affiliated and accredited regions.