Crime Stoppers International Media Awards recognise best practice in advertising and promotion of Crime Stoppers campaigns, activities and specific calls to action, along with the level of community engagement achieved through these initiatives, across all mediums – print, television, radio, online and digital.
Sub-categories for each medium allow member programs to specify if their advertising and promotion activity was for a special feature/report, a specific crime of the week segment or a public service announcement; as well as stipulating the size of the community that their program serves.
Entries are encouraged that nominate examples demonstrating innovation and excellence in development, production, publication and reach.
Media award entries will be assessed on the following:
- explanation of Crime Stoppers purpose
- contribution to public awareness
- originality of idea or concept
- quality and excellence of message
- a heightened use of online tools and/or social media platforms
- impact on community
- results achieved – evidence of evaluation/measurement to be provided in submission
With the following additional criteria applying to website and digital award entries:
- ease of navigation
- interactive content and overall functionality
- visual appeal and creativity of content
- speed to load
- up-to-date content, including relevant statistics
- links to relevant sites
- social media links
- online reporting capability
- innovative features – such as a quick-exit button, multi-lingual options